Portsmouth A Love Story

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Practicing Peace

My morning practice has been going really well.
I have been getting up early, stretching and ventilating my being.
I journal my intentions and feel great about my day.

On Thursday I had my biweekly shiatsu session, which I really look forward to.
The practitioner I go to is a master in every sense.
We love to chat, and it is one of the ways I can deeply relax.

I noticed she was spending more time than usual on my 'back heart'.
I was grateful, as I was already feeling a lot of relief.
Towards the end of the session, I asked her if my back had seemed more tense.

She admitted that it was and had I been doing anything different in the past two weeks?
I thought about my stretching, my journaling, my proactive approach to communication!

My body doesn't lie - even though I had been creating very constructive habits
My thoughts were playing a huge part in my well being and if I really wanted to feel peace
Then I had to clear my mind

I have practiced affirmations for a long time
I place them everywhere – on my mirror, on my work desk, in the kitchen, in my car
I listen to Louise Hay's “Overcoming Fears” which has a part where affirmations are played with soothing music over them so that they can seep into the subconscious

I have started really listening to my thoughts – especially the ones that keep on running while I am doing something else!

I ask the Angels for help clearing my mind, and I have been asking my self questions before I digest food, conversations and creativity

Nudging myself into intuition has helped my logical side take a rest

I practice it regularly now, and I can rely on its quirkiness and enjoy the time it saves me and the pleasure it gives me!

These are some things I am practicing for peace.
I need to stay present to myself and enJOY my blank canvas.

Subscribe to Explore Beyond the Usual™ by Email

ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Regina Eustace is a contributing author to the books Divine Inspirations - Stories of Awakening and Empowerment by Everyday Lightworkers and The Gratitude Project - Celebrating 365 Days of Gratitude. Click on Book Photo

Other Blog Posts by ReginaBoundariesWhat If ?Happy HolidaysI Think I Am, I Think I AmFlowering MumsChanging PatternsMis-takesCreate Your Money Hunny, Boy Loves BoyI Love You Just the Way You AreProtect What You LoveWhere Does My Intention Lie? People With Passion Lady Gaga Interview with OprahFair Play To Those Who Dare To DreamMy Train has ComeMy Cat Knows What She WantsI Am HumanSurprise!In Love with MeWe Can Become OneI'm Over ThatThe Wild Woman of ZumbaThe Attitude of SuccessCome InMy Love PlantMy TearsThe Room of the PastLady Bugs are LuckyWelcome HomeShattering Beliefs
Post a Comment