The whole process of spiritual growth is confronting oneself. -Sri Amma Bhagavan, Oneness University
What are the qualities we can develop which will assist with spiritual awakening into greater connection with all life?
The following describe 5 qualities to cultivate for spiritual awakening. I will give the remaining qualities in subsequent articles.
1. Passion - To experience passion for spiritual awakening, first understand you suffer. We suffer because our mind lives in the past or future. We most always hear the chattering of our minds. Even when a painful event has ended, we still continue to talk to the other person in our minds.
Direct your passion with reason that your passion may live through its own daily resurrection, and like the phoenix rise above its own ashes. -Khalil Gibran
2. Forgive Others - We hold onto to hurts from others expecting them to change. Learn from the experience, forgive the other, and move on rather than continuing to create suffering for yourself.
It really doesn't matter if the person who hurt you deserves to be forgiven. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. You have things to do and you want to move on. -Author Unknown
3. Forgive Yourself – When you become aware you have hurt another. Rather than justifying your actions, seek forgiveness from them. Most important forgive yourself.
When you accept what is there in its truth, then you are released. One does not release through rejection, one releases through love. -Emmanuel, a spiritual teacher
4. Sensitivity to Others - We usually think about ourselves. Become more aware of others feelings and how you affect them. Practice mindfulness exercises to become more aware as you walk etc.
So the smart brain must be balanced with a warm heart, a good heart - a sense of responsibility, of concern for the well-being of others. -Dalai Lama
5. Relationship with Life – When do you discontinue a relationship because of some conflict. In what ways do you close down to experiencing life? When did you close down? Rather than resisting, consider saying Yes to life.
There is no time to miss anyone or anything because you are alive. Not enjoying what is happening right now is living in the past and being only half alive. This leads to self-pity, suffering and tears. -Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
3 Ways to Help Spiritual Awakening:
- Practice each quality in your daily life whenever possible.
- Become aware of qualities you lack.
- Pray to the Divine for these qualities.
When the effort to become awakened ceases, you are awakened. -Sri Amma Bhagavan
As Eckhart Tolle says, The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some superhuman accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with Being.
Subscribe to Explore Beyond the Usual™ by Email
Other Blog Posts By Michael D. Lawrience:
7 Tips: How Does Emotional Abuse Damage Children’s Self-Esteem? Part 2, 7 Tips: How Does Emotional Abuse Damage Children's Self Esteem Part 1, Energy Healing: What Everyone Should Know About Emotions, Emotional and Physical Pain: The Only Way Out is Through, Emotional Health and Solar Flares: The Miracle of Our Feelings, Do Solar Flares and Earth Magnetics Affect Our Emotions?, 5 Tips to Overcome Self-Sabotage, Self-Sabotage - Why Do Our Intentions Fall Short of Our Desired Results?, What Self Sabotaging Behaviors Create Stress? What is the Difference Between a Subpersonality and a Multiple Personality?, Discover Your Subpersonalities: How Do We Heal Them? Part 3 Continued, 8 Steps to Discover Your Subpersonalities: How Do We Heal Them? Part 3, A Meditation for Discovering Your Subpersonalities, How Do We Discover the Subpersonalities That Run Our Lives? 12 Steps to Recovery from Codependency Traits - Part 3, 12 Steps to Recovery from Codependency Traits -Part 2, 12 Steps to Recovery from Codependency Traits - Part 1, Angel Light Healing, How Many People Does It Take for Planetary Awakening? What is the Phenomenon of Spiritual Awakening Sweeping Around the Planet? How Does Sedona, Arizona Assist with Emotional and Spiritual Healing? Top 10 Tips Indicating Signs of Spiritual Awakening, What Are the Benefits of Living Your Life Purpose?,How Do You Find Your Life Purpose? Self Love: Twin Souls Twin Flame Relationships, Spiritual Awakening and Enlightenment: What Does it Mean?, Spiritual Planetary Awakening and Enlightenment: How Many People Does it Take